The BEMC video network may be used by members for the following purposes:
- Class to class distance learning (real-time, streaming, or video on-demand)
- Participation in in-state and out-of-state distance learning endeavors
- Video on demand, or streaming services provided by a commercial vendor
- Administrative meetings by the officials, teachers, administrators, or employees of member participants
- Collaborative academic and research exchanges among students, staff, faculty, administration and researchers.
Media, such as audio, video and still images, are subject to intellectual property rights and copyright laws just as text materials are. The originating site is responsible for ensuring that notice for copyright or other intellectual property rights are properly displayed.
Content Providers may use the BEMC video network for the following purposes:
- Content providers may use the network to supply video content (real-time, streamed, or on demand) to any member of the BEMC video network.
- Content providers may also supply these services to non-member entities, so long as there is a BEMC video network member involved in the event.